01 02 03 Fabric of My Life: My quilt, SWEET APRIL in McCall's Quilting - sooo excited!!! 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

My quilt, SWEET APRIL in McCall's Quilting - sooo excited!!!

34
Hello friends,

well - TODAY IS THE DAY!!



I am so over-the-moon excited and incredibly honored to have my first quilt pattern, Sweet April, published in McCall's Quilting magazine !!! It truly is a dream come true when it comes to my quilting, doodling, teaching and pattern designing! I am just so, so excited and happy!!! 

It is in January/February 2017 issue of McCall's Quilting 



that is shipping now to subscribers and will be on the stands November 22nd and even better - digital issues are available now HERE and even a pattern or a kit too!! 

Can you tell I am just a bit excited?? 

Oh wait - THE QUILT!! 

I have some of my own I can share, but first two beautiful photos taken by professionals at McCall's Quilting:




Aren't these fabrics just breathtaking?? It is one of my favorite collections so far, LAVISH,  by my super-talented friend Katarina Roccella, for ever-inspiring Art Gallery Fabrics.

Don't you just want to smell the flowers?? Lavish is just so beautiful, colorful, well balanced with prints of different textures and designs and so... so.... LAVISH!!!
Did I mention you can buy an exact KIT for this from McCall's, even the beautiful backing fabric?



I simply can't wait to see all the beautiful quilts made from Sweet April pattern!! 

Another exciting part for me is that I will be a guest blogger on the McCall's Quilting Blog, by the end of this month and will be able to share some of the story behind this quilt, my design process and making of the quilt itself. Even better - there will be a contest for all of you, with a prize to be won!! WOOO-HOOO!! Stay tuned!!

Until then, I just want to say that this is a really simple pattern, made from two basic blocks - Nine-patch and Hour-glass block and all the magic comes from the color placement. This quilt was made and quilted by me - I LOVED every minute of it! I used my trusted and beloved 50wt Aurifil thread for both, piecing and quilting




 I am really so excited  and so honored to be able to share this quilt pattern with so many of you!!
Please, please let me know what you think of it, how you like it and if you have any questions about it of course - and THANK YOU!!!

I am off to float some more on cloud 9... :)
Love,
Marija

Labels: , , , , ,

35 36 37 38